Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Just a lazy Tuesday here. My kitchen is filled with bananas and I'm eating them like they're going out of style!
2/26/2014 - 11/4/2014



So where did I leave off?



My first introduction to veganism was through  a raw food diet challenge. I

loved the way I felt and the energy that I had but near the end of the 21 days I was absolutely LONGING for cooked food. I wanted something no ANYTHNG with just a little bit of warmth. I decided to continue my challenge with trying Raw Till 4 for a while. Raw Till 4 is a lifestyle where carbs are of the utmost importance. 1000 calories of fruit for breakfast. 1000 calories of fruit for lunch and a cooked carby dinner of at least 500-1000 calories. Tons of fruit, bananas, rice, pasta, and potatoes. Low fat high carb. It sounded do-able but I was still nervous about whether I could keep on track.


As strange as it may sound considering the standard belief now is that carbs and sugar make you fat--it actually helped me LOSE weight to eat so many carbohydrates. 8 months later I am still happy and on track. The RT4 lifestyle was amazing and wonderful!! I gradually lost bulk in my arms but mostly my stomach. When I did round after round of off and on "dieting" I would always

lose weight somewhat in my arms but mostly in my legs which was definitely not a priority. I have sort of a humpty-dumpty-linebacker figure lol. My shoulders are broad, arms are big, and my stomach is round. Needless to say losing weight in the legs was unsatisfactory. I got an F for those rounds (no pun intended). With eating higher carbs I am losing weight where I want to without working out and I am overjoyed!

Raw till 4 was a blast but now it is slowly fading into winter and the fruit here is unappetizing and expensive (Seriously! Tasteless melons and mushy apples are the bane of my existence!). Not sure what I'm going to do exactly but I know I will incorporate some of the things I learned from Raw Till 4 into my eating habits and continue eating carbohydrates as my main energy source. Follow me to see how it goes. :)


Whit Whitley


#vegan #vegaweightloss #highcarb #highcarbvegan #hclf #vegetarian #rtf #rt4 #rawtill4 #rawtill4success #veganlife #veganstyle #meatlessmonday

No comments:

Post a Comment